The Bristol Tramways & Carriage Co Ltd garage in Coleford.
John wrote (December 2007):
"Pumps had been removed from the front of the building by the late 1940s and replaced by a large single electric pump on the R.H.S. inside large door. On the R.H.S. downstairs was the cash room and office .Upstairs were the driver’s rest room and canteen".
"On the L.H.S. of the shot is the Coleford cinema. This façade was replaced in about1949 by a more modern roughcast block construction. At the R.H.S. of the cinema there were two glazed wall cabinets. One with details of current films and one for the forthcoming week".
Another visitor added (Jan 2008): "In 1951 the Bristol Tramways garage in Coleford was transfered to 'Red & White' and was closed by the 'Red & White' in the late 1960s".
Bill Nash added (August 2012): "... By the facade of the cinema next to the bus station this is early.. the shadowy images of the busses support this .. the ladies hat is late 1920s / early 1930s. The Dean now Studio Cinema building next door was built as a Drill hall for the Militia prior to WW1 but by 1914 was already showing pictures".
If you wish to comment on this photo or can supply names of people please click here
WANTED: Old photos, old postcards, ephemera and memories of the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. U.K.- please click here to make contact.